Sunday, April 22, 2007

Random Ramblings...

  • We're going to Germany in less than 4 weeks!
  • I still have a lot to get done before we go...
  • Soccer season started, and I'm beginning to wonder how we're ever going to manage once we have more than one kid playing. It's crazy now, what will it be like in a couple more years???
  • Never thought reading Jane Austen could be addicting, but it is... Not that I really have the time to do much reading right now, mind you... Should have waited till the Fall to start reading her books.
  • On a good note, I've now lost 13 pounds. Only 7 more to go until my goal (2 more until my first goal).
  • We're finally done with all of our concerts, so that should free up some time. Whew.
  • Kaylee's new "thing" is yelling "oopie" every time she goes potty in her diaper, even if it's just pee. She insits on being changed asap, which means we go through a lot more diapers than we used to. Good thing I mainly cloth diaper, or we'd be broke by now (she does it with disposables, too...). Sadly, this also means she wakes up in the middle of the night demanding to be changed. AAAAHHHHH!!!!!! I've suggested the potty to her, but she's not all too fond of it yet. Neither of the boys ever did this, they could care less if they sat in poop for hours on end (never bothered telling me...).
  • We've been dealing with a bug infestation in our kitchen cupboards. They even got into the peanut butter (don't ask me how!). After a thourough cleaning, we now have a lot more space in the cabinets. I still see the occasional bug here and there, don't know where else to look for them. Yuck.
  • We're going to have family come visit this week, and we still need to do a lot of cleaning. I can't for the life of me manage to keep things picked up around here. Maybe I should give Flylady another try...
  • Our life in a nutshell. I need to go get ready for the day now.

3 comments:

Meems said...

Oh I found a friend. If you like anything by Jane Austin you'll LOVE this trilogy. (link: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ean=9780743291361&z=y)
It's written from Mr. Darcy's view. I love him even more now. Very yummy and beautiful language.

Keith and Nicci said...

I hear you on the keeping things picked up - even with a 2 month old it's hard, so don't feel too bad:)

Doreen said...

Mimi, I'll have to go check that out from the library ... when I get back from Germany, lol. Thanks for the recommendation!

Nicci, I don't know what's harder, having one 2 month old or 3 kids who are a bit older. :p