Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Decannulation!!!

Today is a big day for little Belen. She got her trach tube out! They did a little surgery to remove some scar tissue, and now she just has tape over her stoma. It should hopefully heal up on its own. She has to spend the night at the hospital for observation, and to see how her cpap is working with the opening. She'll hopefully be able to come home tomorrow! I have my friend's other two kids for the day, much to my own kids' delight. They're all good friends, and since we're suffering from another inversion and can't go outside because the air quality is so bad, it's nice to have someone over to play. :o)

In other good news, after 3 weeks on Weight Watchers, I have lost 5.5 pounds! I feel like I'm making much better eating choices. I don't snack nearly as much as I used to. I still allow myself treats, but I don't binge on chocolate anymore. It's nice to see results so quickly, yet at a healthy pace. :o)

No comments: