Monday, January 22, 2007

Yay for more RAM!

Dave and I decided to look into getting new photo and video editing software last week. After reading a bunch of reviews on different products, I decided to download the free trial for Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 and Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0. It's a photo/video editing bundle. The minimum requirements stated that you needed 512MB of RAM, which we had. Well, it worked, but was soooooo slow. Really awesome software, though. So I decided to look into getting more RAM, and wouldn't you know it, it's pretty easy and inexpensive to do. I was going to just buy some and put it in myself, but then decided to get it done at a computer place. It didn't really cost me any more money, and they ran a full diagnostic to make sure the RAM was compatible with my computer. Good thing, too, cause the first brand they tried didn't work right. Anyway, long story short, we were successful in the end, and $56 later our computer now has 1GB of RAM. It's a dream! Programs are much faster to load, I love it. And the Adobe software works wonderfully. I've played around with it some, and totally love it. :o) Oh, and have I mentioned I love it? hehe

On a different note, Dave and I have also been thinking quite a bit about where we would like to go after he finishes school. He's planning to graduate in May 2008, which means we're gonna have to start sending out resumes and applying for jobs in a few months. It's been interesting trying to figure out where the type of jobs are that he'd be interested in. Unfortunately, a lot of them seem to be in CA. I'm not sure how well that would work for our family. While Dave could expect a nice starting salary (having a PhD and all), it's just sooooooo expensive to live there. I'm so ready to be done with apartment living, I'm ready to have a house with a yard, and I don't know how feasible that would be if we moved to CA. Of course, there are other options, too. TX is a big one, and would be a much better option as far as cost of living is concerned. There are a bunch of other choices, too, but TX and CA seem to be the big ones. It'll be interesting to see where we'll end up, and it sure was fun looking at houses on Realtor.com. One of these days... :p

No comments: