Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday Madness

Yeah, I wasn't going to go, but since we had a pretty peaceful morning, I decided to take the kids to the store. I knew Smith's wouldn't be too terribly busy, and they had some good sales, so off we went. The parking lot was packed, but the store is big enough that it didn't seem too overly crowded. They had pillows buy 1 get 1 free, so I got us all new pillows (ours were getting old and yucky). Their ad also said that boxed DVD sets were $20. I went to see if they had Monk, and they had seasons 1, 2 and 4. I figured I could get 1 and 2, and then ask for 3 and 4 for Christmas. I thought they would be $20 each, minus a $4 instore coupon. Well, when I went to pay, they rang up for $14.99! Take off the instore coupon, and an extra 5% on my student card, and they came out to $10.44 a piece. Wow! Needless to say, I went back and got season 4, too. I got three seasons for $30! That's a $90 savings! I'm beyond excited. :o) Now I'll just ask for season 3 for Christmas, and my collection will be complete. I'm glad I ended up going, to say the least. Going back home was crazy, though. I got around most of the traffic, but I was sure glad I wasn't planning on going to any other stores. :p

3 comments:

Leia said...

That's a GREAT sale!!! :o Never seen that show though....but new pillows sound great!

Doreen said...

Ah Leia, you're missing out! Regular season is starting up again in January, you should give it a try! :p And yes, I slept really well on my new pillow last night. :o)

Dawn said...

That's pretty slick! I never seem to have that kind of luck though!