Sunday, October 08, 2006

Yay!

Yesterday was a fun day. :o) We went to see the homecoming parade in the morning, and of course the kids got tons of candy. It rained a little bit, but we still had fun. I went for my 6th ice skating lesson in the afternoon, and passed off basic skating adult levels 1 and 2! Yay for me! :p I've decided to go 6 more weeks, and see if I can pass off level 3. Fun stuff. :o) In the evening, we went to the USU football game. It had stopped raining by then, and everyone was nice and warm in their snow clothes. It was actually a really exciting game, and USU even won! That's a first this season, their game had been less than stellar until last night. It seemed like they finally got their team together, and figured out how to really play as a team. It was really fun to watch (which we couldn't say after the last two games here, haha). I'd post some pictures, but I have a bad feeling my camera got hit too hard when Kaylee banged it against the chair the other day. Even with newly charged batteries, it tells me the batteries are dead. I'm gonna get some new batteries tomorrow to see if the rechargeables are just gone, or if I have to go start looking for an early Christmas present...

2 comments:

Leia said...

So what can you do on skates? Backwards, twirling, any jumping? I'm so interested...and I'd LOVE to see a photo of you skating! :)

Doreen said...

Just some basic forward things so far, like crossovers, two foot turns, gliding on one foot, pivots. Level 3 is going to be really fun, I'm going to start doing more backwards stuff and spins. :o) Seeing as you used to do gymnastics, I think you'd love ice skating! :o)