Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's election time...

And I think that's the only time it bothers me that I'm not a US citizen and can't vote... I found this on someone else's blog, and I can't help but agree. :o)

What’s the first thing people are likely to say to you when they learn you are considering voting for a Third Party Candidate? … “Don’t waste your vote.”
But when you choose the lesser of 2 evils …. You waste your vote!
When you vote AGAINST someone instead of FOR someone … You waste your vote!
When you walk out of a voting booth disgusted with yourself … You waste your vote!
When you watch another election go by and hope that maybe next year you’ll like one of the “major” party candidates … You waste your vote!
When you vote for a Party JUST because your parents voted for that party, and their parents, etc. … You waste your vote!
When you don’t understand the real issues … You waste your vote!
And when you don’t vote at all … You waste your vote!

And to quote Laura "Many people would assert that to vote for a third-party candidate is to throw away your vote. I disagree. I feel that voting for “the better” one of two undesirable options is much more a waste of my vote. How are we ever to enact change if we act to keep the status quo?" So true!

No comments: