Friday, August 04, 2006

I love good birth stories! :o)

A friend of mine just had her first baby a couple of weeks ago. She was very set on wanting a natural childbirth, so I had given her my hypnobabies stuff, and while she didn't get through the whole course in time, she said it still helped a ton. She also had a doula, who she said was absolutely wonderful. She did have a pretty long labor (close to 24 hours), and she said she was in some pain, but she said the whole experience was totally amazing. I'm so glad things went to well for her. :o)

5 comments:

Leia said...

Wonderful!! I purchased the Hypnobabies stuff at the book store - how long do you think it will take me to get through it? Haven't started it yet...

Doreen said...

Did you buy the actual Hypnobabies program, or a different hypnobirthing program? Hypnobabies is a 5 week course, and once you're through, you use the remainder of your pregnancy to practice. I think most people start around 30 weeks, give or take a couple. Really, though, you could start anytime you want. I would recommend no later than 32 weeks. :o)

QueenMeadow said...

Yay, I love hearing and erading about birth stories, espcially when they go the way the mom wanted them to.

Laura said...

That's cool, Doreen. :) I've started teaching my first Hypnobabies class series and it's so much fun! I like it way better than teaching HypnoBirthing. You've gotta join us someday and help educate "the masses". ;-)

Doreen said...

LOL Laura, I'm just waiting to see where we are going to end up moving after school. Once we're more "settled", I'll have to look into doing the training and starting classes. I think it'd be tons of fun! :o)