Thursday, July 20, 2006

I should be mopping the kitchen...

...but I'm too lazy. Playing on the computer instead. :p This week has been crazy. Dave has been spending a lot of time at school trying to get everything ready for his paper. He's going to a presentation at the end of August, and has to have the paper submitted by August 7th. Since we're going on a family reunion for a week (leaving on Saturday), he figured he'd like to get just about everything ready before going. So he's been going back to school after putting the kids in bed, which leaves me home alone. What do I do with my free time? Not clean the house. I'm so worn out by the end of the day that I end up just sitting in front of the computer surfing the net, or watching TV. Gosh, some days I feel so unproductive. I sit and wonder how on earth other people keep their house so nice and neat looking. How do they do it??? I tried Flylady for a while, but it didn't really work out for me. No matter what I do, there seems to always be a mess somewhere. Maybe I expect perfection, but since it seems so out of reach, I don't even try??? I don't know. All I know is that I'm pretty sure I was not born to be a homemaker. :p Oh well, we all have different challenges in life, right? I'm sure one of these days I'll figure out how too keep my house clean, and if it takes till I'm 80... Though by then I'm sure I'll have grandkids come over to help me out. ;o)

5 comments:

Lori G. said...

I wonder the same thing...how other people keep their houses so clean! If it makes you feel better, just look real close at the background of all the pics/videos on my blog...there's always clothes and toys everywhere!!!

Emily said...

I keep meaning to tell you that I LOVE that picture of you in your profile. Its gorgeous!!!

My house is a wreck!!! ALL the time!

Doreen said...

Emily, thanks for the compliment, and for making me feel better. :p

Lori, I noticed. ;o) I always tell dh, hey, people live here. Kids live here. This is not a museum. LOL

Chalice said...

This made my day. I was feeling like I was the ONLY one dealing with this and why I couldn't possibly get it all done. . . well, thanks Doreen. . . I feel normal.
Hang in there--is just stuff. I know you and you value the important stuff. . . and darn it if they aren't so cute too! :)

Love, Chalice

Doreen said...

Awww, thanks Chalice! You're right, they are pretty cute. :o)