Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

To all my mommy friends. :o) Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Here's a little poem I wrote a couple of years ago, around Bryan's first birthday. I don't usually write poetry, don't know what came over me that day. :p

Growing
A little seed
Planted in my womb
Growing
Little arms, little legs
A tiny heart, beating strong
Tiny fingers, tiny toes
Growing
Two eyes, a nose, a tiny mouth
Little flutters
Growing into strong kicks
Muscles contracting, over and over
Going strong
A little head
Shoulders
My miracle is born
Warm breaths
On my chest
Two trusting eyes
Looking at me
Overwhelming love
Forever growing.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Very sweet poem. :) I hope you have a great day!

Melissa said...

So sweet! That made me teary as my day to see baby #2 is drawing near!

Happy Mother's Day!