Friday, May 12, 2006

Busy busy...

This week has been crazy busy. I had to go to the store 4 times because I kept forgetting stuff (WITH my list...). We had a really long choir practice on Tuesday to get ready for the concert, which was yesterday. I'm glad it's over with. It was okay. I'm still debating whether I'm going to sing again in the Fall. It's a women's chorus, and the average age is probably something like 60. And that's with me bringing down the average... :p It's been fun singing this last Fall and Spring, but I feel like I'm kind of done with it. Maybe the summer break will help. Then today, I've been spending all day getting stuff ready for our bbq. Marinating meat, making potato salad, preparing some veggies, cleaning the house... All the while dealing with a whining 3yo and a clingy 1yo. Ah, joy. Now our friends are coming over in about half an hour or so. Things should settle down a bit. At least the weather is really nice (80*), so we can just sit outside and let the kids run around. Yay! :o)

Belen is doing much better, too. They're steadily increasing the pressure on her drain, to see if her ventricles will start draining the spinal fluid on their own. Fingers crossed that they won't have to put in a shunt. Her wound is healing well, too, she got her stitches out. She's sitting up again, and being much more happy and social. I just wish they could come home. Soon... :o)

2 comments:

Leia said...

WOW that poor little girl sure has been through a lot!

I've thought about joining "our" church choir, just to be able to sing again. But, for the same reason you're thinking about leaving, I just can't join ;)

Doreen said...

Hehe, I sing in our church choir, too, and I can't tell you how long I've been wanting to quit. But I can't... Every time I feel like telling the lady I'm not coming anymore, she beats me by saying how she appreciates that I come so regularly to practices... :/