Monday, May 08, 2006

Back at the hospital

Belen started leaking spinal fluid out of her wound. My friend had had that suspicion all along, but was told off by the resident on Saturday. Belen had a little soft "puffy" spot on the back of her head, and the resident said it was just blood. Well, it was spinal fluid after all, and it started leaking out last night. Even when they got to the hospital, the resident still wouldn't believe them. Until fluid started leaking on HIM. What a dork. Makes me so mad. Now they have to wait for cultures, and hope she doesn't have an infection. They may have to put in a shunt, too. What a mess. It makes me so mad that they wouldn't listen to my friend. She had voiced the concern several times, and they just blew her off. Just because she hasn't been to medical school doesn't mean she doesn't know what she's talking about. And obviously, she's been right more than once about issues her daughter was having. But they just treat her like the freaked out mom. Irritating, to say the least. I just hope little Belen didn't get an infection. That would be awful. :o(

2 comments:

Leia said...

Oh my goodness! :(

Dawn said...

How frustrating! I hope she's ok. Just when you think things are shaping up well, to get a setback is so sad. :( I'll keep her in my thoughts.