Friday, March 31, 2006

Crazy...

...how time flies. I had such a busy week, it's all a blurr. On Wednesday, I went to the dentist yet again, hopefully for the last time until it's time for a cleaning again. Got a crown put in. I have to say it is very nice to be able to eat again without having to worry about my teeth falling apart. :p Thursday I watched my friend's kids almost all day. Now I know what it would be like to have two sets of twins and a little toddler. :o) They were really good, though, so it wasn't hard at all. In fact, having 5 kids at home was almost easier than having 3. Haha. Anyway, my friend had to take her daughter down to the Children's Hospital to get an MRI done. They wanted to take a look at the fistula in her brain, and actually decided to do surgery next Wednesday. Wow, that's coming up so fast. The surgery should take 3-4 hours, and they think they'll be able to remove the entire fistula. Then they wouldn't have to worry about Belen having another brain bleed. Yay! Once she gets home, they can keep working on decannulation. If all goes well, she may get her trach out by the end of the spring. That would be absolutely wonderful! :o) As of tonight, though, little Belen seems to be having some problems again. Her heart is racing, which can be a sign that she's fighting an infection. Dave is over there right now, and they may take Belen in to the ER. I hope it turns out to be nothing. Stupid trach makes her so susceptible to infections. :o( I really hope she can get rid of it soon, she's made such wonderful progress over the past couple of months...

No comments: