Wednesday, January 18, 2006

One step closer to insanity

That's the kind of day I had. Kaylee started with a fever yesterday afternoon. It finally broke late this morning, she was miserable. Which, of course, meant that I had to hold her all morning and she didn't want to nap. Bryan decided he needed to sit on his potty all morning so he could wait for his poop to come out. Not such a bad idea, except that it still hadn't come by 11:40 and I had to take Tyler to school. So we had a big meltdown when I put a diaper on him just in case he decided to go in the car (which he didn't, but better safe than sorry). It also snowed a ton all morning, so by the time we had to leave for school, I had to dig the car out. So I was running late, having to dig the car out, having a cranky screaming baby, and a toddler who didn't want to leave his potty. Yeah, not fun. After we dropped off Tyler and Kaylee's fever broke, things got a bit better. Bryan finally went in his potty, and was so excited. Kaylee became less clingy, and life was good. For half an hour or so, then I had to go to the dentist. I hadn't been in quite a long time, because I was either pregnant, breastfeeding too frequently to leave the house for more than an hour, or I didn't have money to pay for dental work. Long story short, I have three very big cavities that need fixing. If I'm really lucky they won't need a root canal, but I'm looking at the possibility of needing one on all of them. Yikes. Then there's another tooth with a really old filling that's cracking. It's gonna need to be replaced by a crown. Hi tax return, bye tax return... Oh well, it did feel nice to have my teeth cleaned, and the dentist was very nice and friendly. Helped ease my anxiety for sure... So yeah, that was my day, finished up by a couple of meltdowns from Bryan, who is now going to bed. Yippeee!!!!! Gotta go put Kaylee down, and then I'm going to do my 2-mile walk, and take a shower. At least my day should end on a good note, right? That way I'll be happy when I wake up in the morning (hopefully!). :o)

No comments: