Sunday, January 08, 2006

I have CHAOS...

...(Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome), and I've finally decided to fight it. Seeing as some of my friends and family members seemed to really like FlyLady, I took the plunge and joined last night. It seems like ever since Kaylee has joined our family, I've been behind on everything related to housework. I'm not the most organized person to begin with, and that third kid just did me in. More often than not, our apartment looks like a tornado just went through, and I usually feel overwhelmed just thinking about cleaning. Just about all of our evenings and Saturdays are spent doing chores, so NOT fun... So I've decided to finally tackle the problem and give FlyLady a shot. My first step is to start exercising and take a shower in the evenings instead of mornings. Kaylee is so not consistent in the mornings (wakes up anywhere between 5:30 and 7:00 to nurse, then up for the day by 7:30ish), but her evening is pretty routine. I usually lay down with her between 7:45 and 8:00, and she's out between 8:15 and 8:30. So after I put her down, I start my exercise (probably one of my workout tapes, "Walk Away The Pounds" is one of my favorites). After my workout, I will take a shower, and then it's off to bed between 9:30 and 10:00. That way, all I have to do in the morning is wash my face and fix my hair. Should make mornings a lot less stressful, seeing as right now I don't usually get a shower until Kaylee goes for her morning nap around 10 or so. I'm really looking forward to this change of pace, and to getting a plan for keeping my house picked up by just doing little things here and there. I'm hoping this will allow us to get some of our Saturdays back, too, so we can actually go do fun stuff as a family... :o)

No comments: