Monday, October 17, 2005

My niece had surgery today

Her skull had fused prematurely, so they had to do surgery to correct that. The surgery was today. I guess it went well. They moved her left eye? I didn't know they could do that...
EDITED: They didn't actually move the eye, haha. What they did was reshape the bone around her left eye, so that it looks even with the right eye, and they moved up her left ear. Now that makes more sense.

On a different note, I'm feeling homesick today. It's one of those days where I just want my mom... :o( I was thinking about how we've lived here in UT for a year now, and how I'm starting to make some really good friends. And then I almost get depressed, because I know in 2 or 3 years we'll likely move again, who knows where. It's so sad to have to leave good friends, and then start all over. One of those days where I miss having my family close by.

1 comment:

Chalice said...

Hugs Doreen!!! We miss having you close by here. It is sure hard to move around. Know you always have a friend here in AZ (or whereever we live.)

Love, Chalice