Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I have found out...

...that the kind of day I'm having is directly related to how Kaylee naps. Like yesterday, she took a couple of really good long naps, and she was happy all day. And I had a really good day. Today, she just won't sleep. I lay down with her this morning, nursed her to sleep (like I always do), but she decided to wake up after only 15 minutes. So then I lay down with her at noon for her afternoon nap (for which she usually sleeps 2 - 2.5 hours). It's now 1:30, and I've laid down with her 3 times now. She keeps waking up and screaming, obviously not ready to wake up. So I nurse her back to sleep and lay with her for a bit, only to have her wake up again shortly after I leave the room. I'm about to lose it. In fact, she's crying right now, and I just had to leave her for a few minutes, I'm so frustrated. Needless to say, my day is not going well. I'm not getting anything done. All I'm doing is dealing with a cranky baby. And Bryan's not taking his nap, either, so I just know what kind of afternoon we're going to be having... :o(

1 comment:

Chalice said...

I understand that one. . . Hannah was like that until she turned one. She still gets up twice at night occasionally. I feel like I am a zombie on those days (like today). Hang in there. :)